terça-feira, 22 de março de 2016

Vegenaise... Yummmmmy

Vegenaise as the name alreay tell us is a type of Mayo free of animal products.
In taste it is super similar to the normal mayonese with the difference that it tastes better an it is cruelty free.
I know people that change the normal mayo for vegenaise (including my boss) because of its delicious taste!
In Canada the vegenaise from Earth Island can be found anywhere on vegan or health food section from the supermarket.
In the U.S there is a very famous brand called Hampton Creek with its Mayo called "Just Mayo". Hempton Creek was a huge success and several cuisine chefs started to use it in their dishes, intead of the giant from Unilever. Hellman's even sued Hampton Creek Just Mayo for deceiving the consumer and that they should change the name of the product. T.T
If you are curious about it, this site can help you understand in details all the issue.

Now, if you are reading this from outside north america and are wondering how all this might taste and feeling sad because they didn't arrive in your country yet (or are just too expensive) fear not! Part of living the vegan lifestyle is learning how to cook and developing patience for that. There are several websites that have different recipes of Vegenaise. Personally speaking, I never tested any so I will just post a link from one of the recipes that I found on the web <3


Good luck!



0 comentários:

Postar um comentário